Tuesday, July 19, 2011

good fun thing day 8

he is the best. i could eat him.
photo.JPG


So we went to the movie with Ollie. I think it was pretty much what I expected. The minute the movie started he began to cry. Sometimes the sound in movies is so loud, I feel it in my chest and my heart skips a beat (more in a delighted, riding a roller coaster sort of way), but I had a feeling he’d get upset. He cried and I didn’t want to ruin the movie for everyone, so we walked outside and sat on the bench. And we talked. “I scawed Mama.” Finally I convinced him that we should just go inside and peek at the screen. We did. The Muppets were on. Then it was back to the bench. Back and forth—we did this for a while.

I got Gabe’s attention and Daddy joined us in the hallway. I made Gabe hold Ollie. Then I went and sat down. They joined me. He burrowed into me and peeked at the screen. He got into it. Then the small diet Coke, that was Big Gulp in size, caught up with me. Ollie insisted on coming with me. We came back and watched more. Then I had to pee AGAIN. (If you know me then this is NORMAL. I peed three times during Bridesmaids. You can imagine Dances with Wolves. 16 times. (NO, not really 16 times. But yes, 3 times.) Imagine me pregnant.)

When we got outside for bathroom break #2, two of the three kids we were with were running laps. We never made it back into the movies. The three little boys did laps for the last ½ hour.
I think next time we go he’ll do fine.

-------------------
Inspired by Might Girl.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

I love stories about Ollie.