Thursday, January 1, 2009

Ollie's Winter Break

Ollie just finished celebrating his first Christmas, Chanukah and New Years. Here are some highlights from his six-day grandparentpalooza.

We were very late to Christmas Eve dinner at my folks. I've always had a hard time packing for trips for myself. I put it off until the last possible moment and then I panic and throw everything in sight into my suitcase. Most of what I pack I never wear. Throw a baby into the equation and I'm screwed. I think I brought his entire wardrobe with us for 6 nights out of town. We were late to dinner because I was busy filling a suitcase for my infant son who doesn't wear shoes. Anyway, I guess my dad was bored while he was waiting for us to arrive because when we got to their house, this was hanging from the fan in my old room, where we stayed while we were there:
IMG_5380

Both mornings at my folks my mom came in and asked if they could bring the baby into their bed to cuddle. And allow us to go back to sleep?! YES!
nono gram ollie

Ollie got to meet his great grandmother, Grandma Arlene, who flew in from Las Vegas. She immediately wanted to hold him, which was great:
IMG_5391

He also got to meet his great grandfather, Grandpa Max. We chose Maximillian as his middle name after Grandma Max. Cousin Kailey, cousin Spencer and his grandmother Mimi were there, too. Kailey called him "Baby Oliver." (She called me "Uncle Tracey.") Here's a shot of Spencer and Mimi lighting the candles.
IMG_5393

Here are four generations of Coan men. Grandpa Max is 91. Papa Carl is 65, Dad is 33 and Ollie is 10.5 weeks. It's very special that we were able to get a picture of all four of the guys:
IMG_5407

Here is Ollie in his first yarmulke.
IMG_5426

No comments: