Wednesday, January 28, 2009

cure-all

Ollie's been learning lots of new things lately.

He's discovered his feet. He likes to hold them up and admire them. He also likes to bang them on the floor. Hard. I'm expecting bruises.


photo.jpg
Seen here with new friends.

He rolled over yesterday, from back to front. He was playing in his crib and I was running around the house trying to get a things done. He was talking and grunting up a storm, when he suddenly started to cry. I ran into his room and found him lying on his tummy, looking at me to please help me get back on to my back!

photo.jpg
I really could eat these thighs
.

When I'm nursing him and say my phone rings, he stops nursing and stares up at me.  I think he thinks I'm talking to him.  Either that or he's trying to say shut up lady and let me eat in peace.

He's very into grabbing things. We taken to giving him two pacifiers: one to suck on and one to hold.

photo.jpg

photo.jpg
Ollie concentrating on holding the pacifier.  It's not as easy as it looks, people!

He's been sleeping for longer stretches of time, which is lucky for us. He generally wakes around 4 for a feeding. After feeding him, while changing him, he smiles up at me, searching my face for a return smile. I try to be calm and quiet so as to not rile him up but it's impossible not to return this smile. This smile, it slays me. I cannot get enough of it. It's my cure-all.
photo.jpg
Pardon the crummy photo quality.  Lately, I only seem to take pictures with my phone.  I need to get a small camera that will fit in my purse.  It's just that with the iphone, it's instant gratification...I can email them to flickr immediately.  

No comments: