Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Ollie Update

• Bonnie Prince Billy makes Ollie stop crying. Whenever I put on Master and Everyone and turn it up to a decent level his crying immediately ceases. It’s been a big help the past few days because Oliver has just come to the realization that crying gets a response and that he can make things happen when he cries. (Really, it’s probably a distraction but I like to pretend it’s because Ollie has impeccable taste in music.)

• I tried to take Ollie to story hour the other day and by the time we got there it was over. I know, mother of the year. We’ll try again next week because it looked kind of fun. It’s at the library on Ortega in the outer Sunset. The library is old and teeny tiny but there’s something cozy about it.

• Today Ollie and I went to San Jose. We had to drop something off in Mountain View so we made a day of it: we went to see my grandmother, we had lunch with one of my brothers and then we visited my folks. While we were at my parent’s house, I was making myself a tea and he rolled over for my parents. He did it twice for only me a couple of weeks ago. I’m glad someone else got to see it.

No comments: