Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Loving Paper-cuts

I love Los Angeles based artist Elsa Mora. In addition to her main blog, in which she chronicles her various artistic endeavors (and holy smokes the woman does EVERYTHING well), she has a blog devoted entirely to paper-cutting.  Elsa includes links to resources and books about paper-cutting on her blog. 

Here's an example of Elsa Mora's paper-cutting.

The elaborate and teeny tiny detail blow me away.  Note the feet and beaks on the birds-they're so little!


Another favorite is Robert Ryan.  His works are amazing. Get a load of that nest!



Here's one from Fables and Foxes.  I love the lettering included in this one.

Fables and Foxes

A popular paper-cutter is Nicki McClure.  One of my favorite books of Ollie's is Awake to Nap.


It's available on the Buy Olympia site.  McClure made the book during her son's naps.  Her paper-cuts are amazing and I love her use of color.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, Elsa is a fan of mine, it was finding her blog that got me started down this route and we corresponded. She put me on her bloglist of papercut artists. I havent done many but take a look
http://carolgearing.com/paper-cutting-mode/